Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Helping People

Zig Ziglar said, “help enough people get what they want and you’ll get what you want.”  That is so true.  I have noticed this with family members as well as the staff within my office.
A couple of years ago I had a student and friend work in my office who was interested in making optometry her career.  We helped her during the application process.  It was rewarding for both her and me when we heard she was accepted to optometry school.
Recently, I told her I was going through the process of becoming certified to prescribe for glaucoma. Immediately, she offered to sit for me so I could practice a technique I needed to know.  She was very knowledgeable in this area.  There’s a little bit of discomfort with this technique as you have to put a viewing lens on the eye itself.
This helping of others is so important to one’s own well being.  I’m really proud of how the course of events has taken place so far with this future optometrist.
- Dr. Robert Rothbard

No comments:

Post a Comment